Breakfast in the hotel. Our tour will start with a visit to a well-known company specialized in working the local stone of Lecce, a real asset to Salento. Our itinerary will then take us to Lecce. Lecce is nicknamed “The Florence of the South” and is the second Italian most representative city of the Baroque art. Our guided tour will tell us how the Baroque and the Art Nouveau have made Lecce one of a kind for its magnificence. We will have lunch in a restaurant in the inner city where we will taste the exquisite dish “Ciceri e Tria”, chickpeas with fresh pasta. In the afternoon, we will have free time. During this time, we recommend you a visit to the artisan workshops of local stone, earthenware and papier-mâché. Before leaving from the main square, Piazza Sant’Oronzo, indulge ourselves with the “Pasticciotto”, a short crust pastry stuffed with custard and baked, to sweeten our coming back to the hotel. In the evening dinner and overnight stay.
Breakfast in the hotel. Departure to Alberobello, one of the most renowned UNESCO sites, making Apulia famous worldwide: the trulli of Alberobello. The narrow, winding alleys going uphill and the ancient cone-shaped roof, dry-stone buildings are the undisputed protagonists of Alberobello, a unique town. We will, then prepare together, in a trullo, some of the traditional dishes of the Apulian cuisine, which we will later try at lunch. Tales and old popular beliefs will be referred to during the guided visit to the characteristic Cathedral and to the “Sovereign Trullo”. Our tour will go on with a walk through the alleys of the Medieval Locorotondo and with a tasting of the local wine. In the evening, return to hotel, dinner and overnight stay.
Breakfast in the hotel, our last full day of holidays in Apulia will give us the memorable chance to go on a boat trip to visit the Zinzulusa Cave. Considered one of the most interesting and charming examples of the karstification process, the Zinzulusa Cave opens up into the sea on the coast between Santa Cesarea Terme and Castro. We will have lunch in a typical seaside restaurant and we will have free time for the afternoon. In the evening, return to hotel, dinner and overnight stay.
Breakfast in hotel. It is time to say goodbye to Salento, keeping the memories of a place to love. Checkout hotel. End of our tour in Italy.
Price per person starting from: € 1.390,00
From April to November 2015. For July and August price on request.
Rate valid for minimum 8 people and include:
- Private bus transfer during the tour
- Guided tour in Foreign Languages
- Accommodation in 4**** Hotel (or similar)
- Accommodation in double room, daily half – board (excluding beverages)
- Lunches in the restaurant as the program
- Cooking class (half day) in Alberobello
- Olive oil and wine tastings
- Boat trip to Zinzulusa Cave (the boat trip will only take place if the minimum number of participants required will be reached)
- Special “Salento Night” (the Salento Night will only take place if the minimum number of participants required will be reached)
- Support services available during the entire trip in Puglia
Rates do not include:
- International and domestic flights
- Tips and extras
- Single room supplement
- Any personal extra charge
Self-drive tour for 2 people, price on request
INFO & REQUEST: INFO@ATMOSPHERAITALIA.EU